Seán O Nualláin’s new book One Magisterium
hailed as a “masterpiece” in a review by Stuart Kauffman
Coming This Summer!
The Foundations of Mind II Conference
August 13–15, 2015
3105 Tolman Hall •
University of California at Berkeley, CA 94720
First call for papers/participation:
Foundations of Mind II: A Dialogue of World Views
New: A publisher has been confirmed for the conference proceedings
June 30, 2015: Deadline for early-bird registration fee of $200 at:
The fee thereafter is $300 for the entire conference, or $50 for individual panels.
The conference is free for Cal students.
This year’s conference examines the rapidly-changing 21st century intellectual, social, and religious landscape in these categories:
- the science-religion dialogue
- the foundations of physics, biology, and consciousness studies
- the role of activist academics in the university
Confirmed plenary speakers / panelists include:
- Stuart Kauffman (Systems Biology, Seattle)
- Terrence W. Deacon (UC Berkeley)
- Kevin Padian (UC Berkeley)
- Walter Freeman III (UC Berkeley)
- Henry Stapp (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, UC Berkeley)
- Howard Pattee (Binghamton University)
- Jacob Needleman (San Francisco State University)
- Menas Kafatos
- Wolfgang Baer (Nascent)
- Len Talmy (University of Buffalo)
- Swami Prasannatmananda (Vedanta Society)
- Seán Ó Nualláin (University of Ireland)
- Beverly Stokes (Amazing Babies Moving)
- Cynthia Sue Larson (Reality Shifters)
- Just added: Mikey Siegel (Consciousness Hacker)
- Just added: Jeffery A. Martin (Center for the Study of Non-Symbolic Consciousness)
More speakers will be added. We are also pleased to host members of the Biohackers and Consciousness Hackers communities in the Bay Area.
Deadlines for Papers:
For further details on the major themes and the panels go to:
Proceedings of the Foundations of Mind I Conference (2014) are now available free on the e-journal Cosmos and History.
They will later be issued by Cambridge Scholars Publishing as a book.
Copyright © 2014 University of Ireland • site by your attention, please! communications